ben
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Almost 19mm and counting
Almost 19mm
I know this does not sound like much but every millimeter at this point counts towards our goal of 5cm. Benjamin had a re-check today at Seattle Children's and everything is going as smoothly as possible. We are completely tired by the driving, traffic and waiting to see the doctor but we are happy about the results. Here is how Benjamin roughly described his appointment in his own words to Ryan's parents on the phone:
"Dr Mosca is impressed with how everything is going. My pin sites look good. My bones are doing what they are supposed to be doing and I have a good range of motion in my knee."
Highlights:
Alignment of bones and fixator-Fantastic!
Pins site cleanliness-Fantastic!
Range of motion in knee-Fantastic!
Calcification of bone-Fantastic!
Lengthening schedule-right on track!
Bone growth rate-right on track!
Leg cramps at night and amount of sleep for parents-Needs improvement :(
I guess overall we can't complain. We will return for a re-check in two weeks. We feel blessed with an excellent check-up. I am heading to bed to try and catch up on sleep. I just keep reminding myself daily that this journey is worth it!
“Little by little, one travels far”
― J.R.R. Tolkien
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great news. Sorry about all of the driving and leg cramps.
ReplyDeleteKeep up the great work Benjamin!! Connor is right there with you one long drive, leg cramp and all other pain, one step one day at a time!!
ReplyDelete