ben
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Getting ready for bed
I've turned off the lights, set out my REI cot (the hospital is full) and asked for more pain meds for Benjamin. His hip and other things are starting to bother him a bit. They are giving him an anti-spasm medication into his IV so it should be fast acting. It's snowing here in Seattle and I'm wondering how we are ever going to get home to Bellingham. Benjamin ate a decent dinner and has had only one small meltdown (which is amazing considering all he has been through today!). It's only 7pm and I feel like it's 2 in the morning. I hope that Benjamin is able to get some rest (and the rest of the family). Reality will be setting in for all of us tomorrow. It will be a challenge for Benjamin to get used to "slowing" down and sitting instead of moving at full-throttle, like when he plays soccer!! Thank you for all your care and concern for Benjamin the Brave!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We are all thinking about you, Benjamin the Brave!
ReplyDeleteDanene
Dear Benjamin the Brave,
ReplyDeleteYour in our prayers tonight. William and Peter say "You're the dude!" See you soon.
Love,
Frances and Dan and William and Peter
So glad the surgery is over. Wishing you a speedy and drama-free recovery. Stay brave...
ReplyDelete...and awesome too!
We missed you today at pickup, brave Ben, and wish you a quick and easy recovery. Thanks for sharing your adventure with us! Treva, Gerry, Milo, and Lukas
ReplyDelete