ben

ben

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

One week

Today, Christine and I went to Benjamin's kindergarten class to talk about his upcoming surgery. Christine read "Franklin Goes to the Hospital" and showed the kids some pictures of what Ben's cast will look like. We also brought in a wheelchair so that the kid's could start getting used to it. Everyone was pretty impressed. The kids also had a lot of good questions and comments. One little boy said "I'm worried about the surgery, because I really like Ben." That made me smile... and made Christine cry a bit.

The current plan is for Benjamin to stay home for the first two weeks after his surgery. After that, we will start easing him back into school. The sooner he can return to a regular schedule, the better. We know that his classmates will be happy to have him back!

6 comments:

  1. Go Ben! You're a bright and shining star! Can I sign your cast?

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEEEN! I like you, too. Lucy and her daddy Ryan and I are thinking about you, and will be sure to pray for you lots. I think of it this way: before the boys get here, you will be feeling great! How awesome is that?

    luv,
    Candice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ben! We'll be praying for you out here in NJ!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ben! You don't know me, but for a little while your dad and I went to the same school. I heard about your leg and the adventures ahead of you through Kris, a common friend. This blog made me want to meet you some day--and I didn't even know about you until a few minutes ago. You surely are someone I would really, really like to know! I'll be cheering on for you. Continue awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kids are so sweet! Sounds like you have some awesome friends to get back to school and see, Ben!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bobbi Wood Will be following my little friend, and with prayer to boot.

    Dave Palumbo I remember when you were pregnant and we prayed for Ben a few different times at our small group when you guys found out about this condition...We will be praying again. Thanks for posting this. And say hello to the big guy for me (that would be Ryan ;)...

    Amy Kester Thanks for showing me this I will pass it on to sister and mom.

    Coryann Eltrich I love the name of Ben's blog! So fitting. I love you guys and i will be praying!

    Linda Relano Bishop Wishing Ben and family all the best. Will follow his progress and pray for a successful and speedy recovery. Love and miss you guys!

    Ruth Beyer Okay...the blog already made me cry!! You are amazing...really! Thinking of you!!

    Kris McDaniel He is a great kid!

    Robyn DeJong VanderSys Prayers for you all!

    Linda Anderson Praying for a speedy recovery, joined the blog Christine.. will be thinking of all of you.

    Deb Steinkamp I'll be praying for good success, speedy recovery and patience for Benjamin while he's wheelchair bound! God's peace to all of you!

    Keith Roig Read the blog, love it! Tell Ben that reading his story has inspired me, he has more character, courage, and bravery than any 3 headed dragon, my thoughts and prayers to all of you

    Cindy Rosenbaum so happy to read the blog! lots of hugs from ben's jewish fairy godmother :) p.s. package is on its way!

    Elinor Pavon Oziel Thinking of you all--what a brave little guy--hoping for a speedy recovery.

    Brenda Johnson I've got Ben's surgery date on my calendar and will keep you all in prayer. Thank you for setting up the blog to keep us posted.

    Terie Krov Ongna Blessings to brave little Benjamin from Josiah's Bubbie. Benjamin and his sweet family is in our prayers.

    Megan Mattix love this. We'll be praying with you guys for sure! Love you guys.

    Suzanne Shelly Waltman Go Benjamin!

    Janet Elizabeth Russell We'll be praying for y'all!

    ReplyDelete