ben

ben

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Managing the pain AND watching the weather

Benjamin has had a busy morning starting at 6am when ortho starts their rounds. Benjamin has experienced some difficult moments this morning. Our wonderful nurse Maddie is super positive and helpful. She got Benjamin a wonderful light up koosh ball to squeeze to help manage pain and discomfort. We turned off the epidural and waiting to see how he tolerates pain medication by mouth only. He went to xray to double check all the surgical stuff and was showered with stickers for his cooperation.

We thought we might be coming home today, but it looks like the doctors want to play it safe and keep Ben one more night. Hopefully, the snow isn't too bad tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Natalie Ruthford from school says, "Hi Ben. We miss you at school but are glad your surgery was good. Do you like hospital food? We can't wait for you to come back. Get well soon and eat lots of treats. I want to know about the x-ray. Can you write about it at Writer's Workshop when you get back? Can you make it into one of your special books? I miss you, Ben. Love, Natalie from your class".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ben,
    I am so glad you are at Children's Hospital. They are so amazing with children. My son spent 3 weeks in there at a year old, and we were so blessed by the caring staff. You can tell they really love kids. Hugs Ben, and I pray you have a wonderful restful night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ben,

    Peter had to go the doctor today. He has a lump on his tongue, in the back. Guess what? The doctor he saw was from Children's, right where you are! She said she didn't know you but that you are at the best place to be. I hope you are being treated well. Cool stickers and all. And lots of ice cream. What's your favorite ice cream?

    All the best,

    Dan and Frances and Peter and William

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ben,

    I hope your leg will feel better. I miss you.

    From Delaney

    ReplyDelete