ben

ben

Thursday, March 20, 2014

What a relief...

Benjamin did so well today. I was walking along the surgical waiting area when I looked up and saw Dr. Mosca, Benjamin's surgeon. He looked like he was looking for someone. My heart started racing--he's supposed to be in the operating room with Ben! Our pager had not gone off so I was shocked and confused. He said I should grab Ryan and join him in a surgical consult room. 

It turns out that Benjamin's surgery went so smoothly that they completed it in record time! The pins went in well. The fixator went on easily and Dr Mosca was glowing with excitement. We were mentally planning on 5 hours and it was completed in under 3. We knew Ben was a rockstar! Now Ben is resting comfortably in his room. Had a tad bit a nausea and sore throat from the breathing tube. When asked he gave a thumbs up about his leg pain. He is enjoying an orange popsicle and we are hoping to eat something for dinner. 

Thank you so much for your encouraging words, emails, texts and offers to help and support us. We would not be able to do this without our awesome community of family and friends.

1 comment:

  1. We were praying all day yesterday that the surgery would go well. Thanks be to God that the surgery was completed in record time!

    Dwight and Judy Smith

    ReplyDelete